Three years later, a new girl sits cross-legged on your bed.
She tastes like a different flavor of bubblegum than you are used to.
She opens up a book that you had to read in high school, and a folded picture of us falls out of chapter three.
Now there are two unfinished stories resting in her lap.
Inevitably, she asks, and you tell her.
You say: I dated her a while back.
You don’t say: Sometimes, when I’m holding you, I imagine the smell of her vanilla perfume.
You say: She was younger than me.
You don’t say: The sixteen summers in her bones warmed the eighteen winters my skin had weathered.
You say: It’s nothing now.
You don’t say: But it was everything then.
Some things are better left unsaid (via dearalexandra)
I thought if I took enough pain medication I would forget about you but now im crying on the floor because the memory of when you said you loved me was the only thing that kept me sane. I love you.
I still remember that winter night I was on the phone with you, and you told me to look out my window and see how pretty the sky looked. You always wanted to be the sky. I know parts of you wanted to be free and you tried so hard to be beautiful but to me you were more than the sky you were a burning galaxy of passion inside me. That feeling never left. i love you.
when I pass through the halls i daydream about you holding me. the last time you did was 7 months months ago. Where are you? I love you.
I saw you at the park alone and you smiled at me. It use to be my favorite thing but now its the worst because knowing I’m not the reason anymore kills me. I love you.
October 7th 2014.
I don’t need you. I’m going to drink 3 cups of coffee in the morning just like you hated. Im going to go to the library and read that series you always made fun of. Im going to cut off any piece of hair that you ever touched, and I’m going to get my nose pierced just like you always told me not to. I don’t need you. I don’t love you.
I hope one day someone looks at you like they’ve been waiting a long time to feel as happy as they do now. I hope they tell you cute things like how they found this cosy Italian restaurant around the corner and kiss your nose before spinning you around in the street. I hope when you ask them to go for a walk in the middle of the night they don’t complain that it’s too cold and even though you can see the condensation of your breath in the midnight air I hope you feel warm. I hope old ladies smile knowingly when you walk by, hand in hand, along the pavement and I hope you are smiling too.
When he whispers how much he loves you I hope you feel your heart beating so fast you’re scared you’ll never recover. I hope he stays and makes you feel important, like he wants every part of this and isn’t afraid to admit it. I hope he finds words that touch you where his fingers cannot and knows how to pull your hair when you’re feeling electric but hold your soul when you’re fragile like glass. And I hope you find someone who asks before they kiss you, not because they need permission but because they want to see your knees buckle and your lips part ways. I hope their hands feel right around your waist when you reply ‘yes’ and again ‘yes’, until you’re falling apart in his arms whispering ‘yes, yes, yes’ and I hope you never need to ask if he’s the one because the answer will be staring you in the face.
1) People are dancing and the room is shaking but I am still. I feel nothing but you.
2) I used to drown myself in my own blood every night and now my scars are laced up tightly like a bow on a present. I guess we all break our bad habits eventually, so I understand why you stopped calling.
3) Your kisses never tasted like galaxies and his make me feel like I have universes inside of me but I think I want to go back home.
4) Being with you felt a lot like standing on the railroad waiting for the train to come. I don’t know why I was so surprised when it finally hit me.
5) The sand on your lips crept into the cracks in mine and I guess that’s how you managed to linger with me long after you left.
6) In eighth grade we took a class trip to Washington D.C and it was fun but I don’t ever want to go back and I think that’s how you feel about me.
7) A great majority of the universe is made up of dark matter - things we will never understand, and I thought you were different. I thought you were different.